Bansuri For Absolute Beginners
A Four Week Online Course Created For Beginning Bansuri Players
Prepare to Transform Your Musical Mind
The single greatest difficulty any bansuri player will ever face is getting through the initial stages of playing, in which:
- Getting sounds from the instrument is difficult;
- Written music looks like a foreign language; and
- Playing the bansuri seems a distant dream.
What You Will Learn
In the Bansuri For Absolute Beginners Course, you will learn the essential building blocks of bansuri and Indian Classical Music, including…
- The Notes
- The Most Important Scales
- Long Tone Exercises
- Alankars & Scale Exercises
- Expanding Your Range From Low Pa to High Pa
- How To Hold A Bansuri
- Breath Control
- Learning Philosophy
- How To Read & Write Indian Classical Music
- And a lot more based on the questions asked and desires of the students…
How it Works
- The course will be taught by Bansuri Bliss Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger, who has played bansuri since 1996 and has taught hundreds of students.
- This is a 4-week course beginning January 7th, 2023 and ending on January 31st, 2023.
- To keep class size small and ensure personal attention, there will be eight students maximum.
- Our group will meet via Zoom video conference on:
Saturdays – January 7, 14, 21, 28 from 9am to 10:15am Los Angeles Time
Tuesdays – January 10, 17, 24, 31 from 5pm to 6:15pm Los Angeles Time
- Every student will receive two private hour-long lessons with Dr. Kriger, near the start and near the end of the course, at a mutually agreeable time.
- Homework: You will receive printed materials to study and practice, and relevant recordings to listen to and enjoy.
- We will have a private Discord channel for sharing ideas, asking questions and connecting with fellow students.
- Bansuri requirement:
- You must possess a bansuri.
- Any pitch is fine.
- You are expected to practice one hour per day.
- You should mark your calendar and attend the meetings when possible.
- Play when asked to play. No need to be shy…everyone’s been a beginner.
- A decent internet connection.
- $375 (payable via credit card)
- Bansuri Bliss Members receive a 20% discount (a $75 savings..bringing it to $300).
- Non-members can become a member and then sign up for the course to receive the discount.
Email Us To Get Started!
“Kerry, I have been inspired way more by you than all other sources I have stumbled upon ever.”
— Mohammad Twaha, Canada
If you aren’t satisfied for any reason, you can cancel and get a full refund anytime BEFORE January 14th, 2023.