The absolute best way to learn Indian classical music is through private, one-on-one lessons with a knowledgeable teacher. All the famous Indian classical musicians learned in this manner (the guru-shishya parampara).
While the internet provides a massive amount of Indian music knowledge through free videos, all that information is transmitted uni-directionally: from the teacher to the student, with virtually zero opportunity for the teacher to listen to the student play and provide critical feedback.
In a private lesson, you learn music catered to your personal needs and desires; and the teacher listens to your playing and corrects your errors and provides a multitude of ways for you to improve your playing. As such, private lessons are an essential component of reaching your musical potential.
Enroll In A Three Month Bansuri Immersion With Dr. Kerry Kriger
Your level of commitment is the true determinant of how skilled a bansuri player you will become. As such, if you are truly dedicated to learning bansuri, your best option is the three month Bansuri Bliss Immersion:
- You will receive four private bansuri lessons with me (Dr. Kerry Kriger) each month.
- We will focus on learning ragas and the fundamentals of Indian classical music (e.g. alap, taans, jhala, alankars and compositions in various taals).
- You will be receiving the knowledge passed down to me from my guru Pandit Vijay Raghav Rao, combined with a touch of my own teaching style acquired from having taught numerous students from a wide variety of musical backgrounds over the past decade.
- Lessons are one hour minimum...they may go longer if we are in the mood and our schedules allow.
- You will receive an abundance of personalized feedback on your playing (likely hundreds of tips, corrections and improvements).
- We can work on whatever raga or aspect of music you want.
- You will become fully competent in reading and writing Indian classical music and will receive PDF's of compositions and exercises that will keep you busy and provide you with enjoyable music to play for months, years and possibly decades to come.
- You will gain full access to the Bansuri Bliss Membership Site, which holds an abundance of Indian classical music tutorials not available anywhere else.
- You will gain access to two Bansuri Bliss Group Lessons each month (also led by me) through which you will learn additional concepts and meet other bansuri players.
- You will receive priority support for all your questions in between lessons, via email or Whatsapp (my direct number).
- Required commitment is three months and one hour of practice per day.
- Ninety days from now you will be a far better musician than you are today.
- We will meet online. I will make sure I find time in my schedule and good internet; you will need to do the same.
- You're too busy? We are all busy and we probably always will be. It's a matter of where your priorities are and how intelligently you make use of your waking hours. I will provide time management advice and encouragement as needed.
- Tuition (for Bansuri Bliss Members) is $160/month; or a one-time payment of $420 that covers the entire three months.
- Tuition (for non-members) is $180/month; or a one-time payment of $480 that covers the entire three months.
- Payment will be securely processed via either credit card or Paypal.
- Please contact me if you wish to begin.
I hope to be teaching you bansuri soon!
Dr. Kerry Kriger
Bansuri Bliss Founder, President & Bansuri Enthusiast